Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
According to the FSSAI rules, no person can start or carry on a food business without obtaining an FSSAI license or FSSAI registration. So, it is a must for processing, packaging, or food distributing entity to obtain an FSSAI registration or FSSAI license.
Importance of FSSAI:
• Food license is proof of the fact that your food is safe and is perfectly edible without any health consequences.
• It makes your company reliable.
• Food license assures the customer that your food is of high standards
• Food License provides your business as a legal existence in a competitive market.
• Food license helps to expand your business across the city or country as well.
Following is the online Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) Process
Generating E-challan (For Maharashtra only):
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. FSSAI is responsible for promoting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
Before starting with the registration process the applicant will have to fill the online challan available on the following website:
https://gras.mahakosh.gov.in/echallan/frmIndex.php (Link only for Maharashtra)
Select Revenue option & Department name; select the following details:
The applicant will have to enter the payment amount i.e. Rs. 100/-, bank details, applicants’ details, and payment details. The applicant will have to select the mode of payment i.e. e-payment or payment across the bank counter.
On payment, the applicant will receive GRN and do enter basic details in the form.
1. Fill Form -A
2. Department name i.e. Food and Drugs Administration
3. Payment type i.e. Food registration or Food License
5. Office Name, a dropdown will be given according to the selected district
6. Scheme name i.e. Receipts under the Food and Drugs Act
7. Period year, and duration i.e. Annually, Half-yearly, Monthly etc;
The process needs to be completed within 7 days from the date of receipt of GRN, if not then the applicant will have to again make payment and generate GRN and continue the process.
Payment procedure for states other than Maharashtra: –
• The FSSAI website (https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx) guides the user on how and where to make payment for FSSAI registration.
• The user will have to click on the https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/indexsl.aspx link.
• Then a webpage will display a list of states.
• User needs to click the respective state and click “Payment mode” for details of acceptable payment modes i.e. online payment, payment by cash, etc.
• If the details are insufficient, the user can click on the “State Contact office” option, this will display the address and number of the office, wherein the user can contact for more details on payment modes.
Common Documents required for obtaining FSSAI registration:
– FBO Photo Identity
– Address Proof
– PAN Card
– ID Proof